By Donna M. Stringer
Ultimately, a complete handbook of actions dedicated to values exploration. The authors have written and tailored sound, ready-to-use actions for settings the place the exploration of worth ameliorations will be necessary: the office, the school room, human assets courses, ESL periods, company range education and others.
Read or Download 52 Activities for Exploring Value Differences PDF
Similar customs & traditions books
With immigration satisfying the position of inhabitants upkeep in lots of Western democracies, how may still newbies be welcomed? Pfeffer argues that states should advertise workforce integration for groups that experience settled via immigration, facilitating the advance of workforce associations that allow conversation with the receiving society.
Quantity of Theorizing Rituals almost always involves an annotated bibliography of greater than four hundred goods protecting these books, edited volumes and essays which are thought of so much proper for the sector of formality concept. rather than featuring yet one more idea of formality, the bibliography is a complete monument documenting 4 many years of theorizing rituals.
In Gesture and gear Yolanda Covington-Ward examines the typical embodied practices and performances of the BisiKongo humans of the decrease Congo to teach how their gestures, dances, and spirituality are serious in mobilizing social and political motion. Conceiving of the physique because the heart of study, a catalyst for social motion, and as a conduit for the social development of truth, Covington-Ward makes a speciality of particular flash issues within the final 90 years of Congo's afflicted heritage, whilst embodied functionality was once used to stake political claims, foster dissent, and implement strength.
- Ozark country
- Voices of Ancient Egypt: Contemporary Accounts of Daily Life (Voices of an Era)
- Parenting in Planned Lesbian Families
- Plain but Wholesome: Foodways of the Mormon Pioneers
- Remembrance of Repasts, Edition: First Edition
Additional info for 52 Activities for Exploring Value Differences
How can you apply this learning to your everyday work? Debriefing Conclusions 1. We often assume we know what a specific behavior means, or how to express a certain value. 2. Individuals may see the same value in different behaviors or different values in the same behavior. 3. We tend to jump to conclusions (often unconsciously) about what value is being expressed by a behavior. 4. The more behaviorally specific we can be in our expectations, the more likely people are to meet those expectations.
2. Identifying contrasting cultural values can prepare us to be more effective working cross-culturally by adapting our behavior. 3. Identifying cultural values—both our own and those of others—can also help us to avoid stereotyping others (recognizing that there are individual differences within every culture) and to be more understanding when others may stereotype us. 4. Identifying the specific behaviors associated with values can also help us understand that the same value can be demonstrated in different behavioral ways.
I can usually have an effect on my environment. 3. About half the time I have control over a situation, and half the time I just have to live with it. 4. The plan is pretty well set, but I can control how I respond to it. 5. Most issues are resolved by someone more senior than I; my job is to make the best of the plan. D. Task/Product or Relationship/Process 1. We're here to do a job. If we are to be competitive, we have to focus on the task. 2. We try to move quickly and get the job done, even if we also have to work with people we don't much care for.